Wednesday 6 February 2013

First go

So I brought some more fabric (think I may have a bit of a problem buying pretty fabric and hoarding it). I met up with my good friend Christine in our local pub to discuss different block patterns and ideas of what I could have a go at as a beginner, Christine having already given quilt blocks ago (they are fab!).
Well time past while in the pub and unfortunately we digressed (as lovely ladies do) on to conversations about other things going on in life etc etc.

So the following evening I bit the bullet and drew out a very crude rough outline of of the sequence of my materials will form for horizontal and vertical blocks.
I started measuring and cutting out rectangles of different materials, had a few cursing moments where I didn't quite cut a strait line following the ruler.

However I am getting there.....



No comments:

Post a Comment